Knit for a friend’s daughter’s first birthday, this elephant was an absolute joy to knit. The pattern is Elijah and I used Sublime Yarns Baby Cashmere Merino Silk DK and 3mm double pointed needles.
The bits I liked:
- No seaming = major bonus. This toy is knit in the round from the head down, picking up stitches to add the body, legs, arms and ears. Genius.
- The result is just so freaking cute.
- The pattern is so well written, with really clear instructions as to where to pick up the stitches. If you look through the finished projects on Ravelry, you’ll see that they’re all pretty damn cute, I think this is down to such a well written pattern.
- I love the details at the back of the head and the ends of the feet and arms.
- This was a really quick knit.
The bits I didn’t like:
- Picking up some of the stitches nearly drove me batty. For the arms you pick up 16 stitches across 4 needles. Jeepers. But it gets worse. For the ears you pick up 20 stitches across 3 needles in two rows of 10 each. Ouch.