I showed my sister-in-law some pictures of bootcuffs earlier in the year and she had joked could I knit her some leopard prints bootcuffs, and I said I would if she found me leopard print yarn. But then, HA, I found a pattern for leopard print bootcuffs in a Debbie Bliss magazine.
This was my first colourwork project and it took me waaay longer than I expected. And maybe in hindsight this wasn’t the best colourwork project to start with. For each of the brown and gold I cut long pieces of yarn, maybe a meter or two long. So. Many. Ends. The cream yarn I threaded across the back of the print sections.
The tension in the first cuff is a bit off but I got the hang of it a bit more with the second cuff. And I’m really happy with the results. In the end I got lazy and didn’t weave in the brown and gold ends – I just tied them off on the back and snipped them short. I know, I know, knitting sins, but there was no way I was weaving in that many ends. I hope you will all forgive me. And my sister-in-law was delighted with on Christmas morning.