The other day on Twitter I spotted a link to a list of gifts for librarians. Well of course I clicked through but as often happens I was underwhelmed with the list I found. So I decided to create my own list. I already have a Pinterest board that I pin library related stuff to and I also looked on Etsy, which is my absolute favourite place to look for quirky, unique and handmade gifts. So without further ado….
1. Vintage Library Card Catalogue from Prosser Bros Vintage
2. A vintage glasses necklace from Vector Cloud
3. Leather Book Necklace from Nicopapergoods
4. Love Your Librarian Womens Pullover from Alison Rose
5. Stitching in the Stacks from Cooperative Press
6. Embossing stamp from Exlibris
If you own a book it’s nice to put your name on it, provenance of books is very important as every librarian knows. This stamp allows the recipient to emboss their books with their very own ‘Ex Libris’ seal. Fab! (‘Ex libris’ means ‘From the library of’ in latin. You’ll find it written inside a lot of antiquarian books.)
7. Vintage Inspired ‘From the Library of’ Personalised Self Inking Stamp from Rosso Stamp Co.
8.Library Card Notebooks from Meow Kapow
9. Personalised pencils from Nevina & Thom
It’s not nice to write on books in pen (library patrons are you listening!?), so why not get the librarian in your life some personalised pencils. This is also a nice idea for archivists, who also use pencils daily in their work. Myself and a librarian friend got these for our archivist friend and boss and I’m pretty sure she liked them.
10. Old Books Scented Soy Candle Frostbeard Studio
If you have any further suggestions leave them in the comments please.