You may have noticed that things have been a little quiet around here lately. One of the reasons for this is because my knitting mojo seems to have taken a sabbatical. In fact my creativity full stop has gone on holidays so I haven’t even felt much like writing.
But I am determined to break through the barrier and get back to my knitting and my blogging. Because even though I don’t really feel like doing either I still miss them.
So what have I been up to? Well the last project I actually finished were a pair of Cadeautje by Ysolda Teague for the Knitmas swap I took part in before Christmas. I finished those at the end of November and I didn’t even have time for a proper photoshoot before posting them. Since then I’ve started several projects but have yet to come even close to finishing any of them.
Awaiting finishing are:
- Cladonia by Kirsten Kapur. I’m about a third of the way through the picot bind off on this one, and it’s been sitting waiting to be finished since about mid-November I’d say.
- A second pair of Cadeautje by Ysolda Teague for my sister-in-law. I finished one slipper in time for Christmas but the second has yet to materialise. Sorry A! I had also planned on knitting a pair for my husband and a pair for me. I’m not holding my breath.
- Mug Sweater by nawano. I had a great idea to knit mug sweaters for each of my colleagues for Christmas, I think 15 in total. I even knit, blocked and seamed about half of the bodies and bought the little clasps for the hands, but that’s as far as I got. Maybe for Easter?
- Bronntanas by Ysolda Teague. This was for a special friend who agreed to do some graphics for my blog. I’m a couple of rows past the brim. I’m using my favourite Coolree yarn and it’s a really straight forward pattern so I don’t know what’s holding me back. Sorry Y!
- Super Easy Baby Blanket by Purl Soho. God! I haven’t even started this one, but did choose the pattern as well as some yarn I picked up at HandmAid. I know at least 3 people who are pregnant at the moment so this was planned to be for one of these new humans.
- Chevron Baby Blanket by Espace Tricot. I bought the yarn for this blanket in the sale in This Is Knit just after Christmas, again planned for one of three new humans. I even mananged a few stripes before realising I had cast on too few stitiches it was too narrow. I need to rip this out and start again.
- in threes: a baby cardigan by Kelly Herdrich. I’m actually making some headway with this one, mainly because this fourth new human has actually arrived. Having said that though progress is still slow.
I am a monogamous knitter so this does number of WIPs does not sit well with me. At all. But I have a plan. My plan is to finished the In Threes cardigan for the newly arrived new human. Then I’m going to finish my Cladonia (that I cast on in October!). Then I am going to knit my SIL’s second slipper. Then I’m going to reassess if my knitting mojo has fully returned and see where I go from there.
As I mentioned there are three new humans on the way over the next year, and each of them belongs to a close friend or family member so I suspect there will be much knitwear needed. And that’s ok, because until my knitting mojo returns with gusto small, easy projects are probably all I will manage. I have a feeling 2015 is going to be a year of baby knitting for me and that’s ok.